29 June, 2007

A Letter From A Pastor


An excerpt from a letter to Slice from a pastor...


"I remember serving as an associate pastor in North Georgia where I served under a godly pastor who is now with the Lord. I distinctly remember him being questioned by the pastor search committee. “Can you tell us how many people you baptized in your last church?” The soon to-be pastor said, “If you will tell me how many people look like Christ in this church I will tell you how many I baptized in my last church.” They sat silent. At that moment God starting teaching me that it was His business to save and it was my business to be holy and share Him. It was not my business to bring the masses in and have membership and baptism campaigns."



Image: Baptism of Christ c. 1473 Fresco Sant'Andrea a Brozzi, San Donnino

No comments: