"I want to be fit for myself to know."
1. "It is better to be divided by truth than united in error."
2. "It's better to be hated for telling the truth than loved for telling a lie."
3. "It's better to know the truth and to stand alone than it is to be wrong with a multitude."
4. "It's better to speak truth that hurts and then helps than falsehood that comforts and then kills."
5. "It's better to ultimately succeed with the truth than to temporarily succeed with a lie."
Yes, peace and unity are very high in my hierarchy of values. But in my value system, "Truth trumps peace and unity." You see, in the long run, there will be no lasting peace and unity without truth.
How grateful I am for grace and forgiveness. But in my value system, if there is a conflict, "Truth trumps even grace and forgiveness." For without truth there is no grace or forgiveness.
Read that last sentence again: For without truth there is no grace or forgiveness. We have the full counsel of God, the everlasting Truth of Christ in the Word. There is no other Truth.