31 August, 2006

If I Had My Way


Read this excellent word from the Way of the Master Minute

If I Had My Way

Bible teacher, Paris Reidhead, said, "If I had my way, I would declare a moratorium on public preaching of 'the plan of salvation' in America for one to two years.

Then I would call on everyone who has use of the airwaves and the pulpits to preach the holiness of God, the righteousness of God, and the Law of God until sinners would cry out, 'What must we do to be saved?'

Then I would take them off in a corner and whisper the Gospel to them. Such drastic action is needed because we have Gospel-hardened a generation of sinners by telling them how to be saved before they have any understanding why they need to be saved."

What wise words from a man who understood the principles of biblical evangelism. May God give us the same wisdom. There goes another minute. Gone forever. Go share your faith while you still have time.

Acts 20:26-27

Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all of you, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a courageous plea! Oh that we might seek to know and understand the full counsel of our Lord.

luvvom said...

This is so true. I work with people who either criticize Christianity or look at you like you've lost your mind that you would try to teach them the Gospel for they believe themselves to be Christians and yet are doing all the things the unsaved are doing (bar hopping, sex before marriage etc.). We need a Jonathan Edwards' sermon right about now.

Lindon said...

Hi Luvvom, I cannot get this out of my mind: Jesus' first sermon in Matthew was this: Repent. For the Kingdom of God is at hand.

I cannot remember when I last heard from the PULPIT in front of me a serious 'repent' sermon. Or anything about the Wrath of God.

It is like all these Christians are on a big cruise ship headed for the lake of fire and do not know it. (I know that sounds presumptuous but I cannot help it. I was ON that cruise ship)

luvvom said...

Lin,
you're right. When Jesus told them to repent for the kingdom is at hand, they were all looking around for an earthly kingdom and didn't realize that He was the kingdom waiting to be received as King and Lord of their lives. I think people are still thinking, "Yeah, yeah! We know Christ is coming back...someday." What they are missing is that the kingdom is here at hand and that they must live as though they are living in that kingdom and tell others about the kingdom at hand and what they must do to be saved unto that kingdom. When Jesus talked about the kingdom at hand it was all about Him. Now when we talk about the kingdom it is all about us and what we can get from this kingdom. My church is the best I've been to in many years and yet it still has bits of humanism in it, however, not nearly as much as most and I thank God for my church...God bless it. But really, we all put so much humanism into our lives instead of glorifing God. We should all be willing to do anything for His glory...whatever glorifies our God we should do. Sorry, I blabbering.

Lindon said...

Beautiful blabbering!! Who can get tired of truth?