11 August, 2006

Deceptions With Eternal Consequences

There is so much deceptive teaching out in the world that I have decided that every time I come across something I am going to post it.

Several chums have told me how much they like Dallas Willard’s writings. Here is a quote from his book, Apologetics in Action. How sad that a sentence or two in ONE book presents confusing and deceptive teaching .



"What Paul is clearly saying is that if anyone is worthy of being saved, they will be saved. At that point many Christians get very anxious, saying that absolutely no one is worthy of being saved. The implication of that is that a person can be almost totally good, but miss the message about Jesus, and be sent to hell. What kind of a God would do that? I am not going to stand in the way of anyone whom God wants to save. I am not going to say "he can't save them." I am happy for God to save anyone he wants in any way he can. It is possible for someone who does not know Jesus to be saved. But anyone who is going to be saved is going to be saved by Jesus: "There is no other name given under heaven by which men can be saved."
"—
Dallas Willard, Apologetics in Action

For the entire conversation go here: http://www.dwillard.org/articles/artview.asp?artID=14

But, Mr. Willard, this is confusing...does this mean that Jesus may save someone who does not know Him? Does this mean they can be saved and not know it? Should we EVER leave any doubt about the pure gospel message?

The 'Emergent Conversation' can be confusing.

Galatians 1:8-10 (ESV)
8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

10For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant
of Christ.




No comments: